Recall Value and Ripple Effect: Brand Video Content

Times of India reports that video sharing site YouTube seems to provide a better platform to the brands in the online video realm than rival sites in terms of enhancing "recall value," a new study has found. Research from video content advertising firm Visible Measures found that brands enjoy a so-called "ripple" effect when they share a new video on YouTube that drives views of the brands' older videos -- something that does not happen when they share a new video on Facebook, Wall Street Journal reported.

As a result, videos on YouTube are watched by more people over an extended period of time, the study said. Visible Measures found that 45% of a brand's total views on YouTube are of new content and the remaining 55% are on previously uploaded videos to the brand's YouTube channel. In contrast, when brands upload a new video to Facebook, 95% of the brand's total views are of the new content rather than existing content.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE HISTORY OF INDIAN ART HISTORY - Free eBook by Debashish Banerji - IdeaIndia.Com

Founders Keepers?

Share your Skills to Breakthrough in the Sharing Economy